4 Outdoor Fireplace Landscape Ideas for Phoenix, AZ
February 26, 2020
Your backyard is your haven, where you go to relax at the end of the workday or on the weekends. Perhaps you have a pool, or an outdoor kitchen to provide entertainment space. An outdoor fireplace, though, can turn your backyard into the ultimate escape. Despite the often hot days, there are plenty of times when you could use a bit of additional heat or the ability to turn your area into a cozy, romantic scene.
Put Quality First When It Comes to Ideas for Your Outdoor Fireplaces
Whether you’re looking at a simple or involved build, you want to put quality first and foremost. The best way to do this is to hire a company that has an outstanding reputation and excellent reviews from former clients, and maybe even your neighbors. Research is your best friend when picking a landscaping company, especially if you have a specific vision in mind.
Quality means using prime materials that not only look good but are designed to last in the arid Arizona climate. The last thing you want is your outdoor fireplace to disintegrate because of shoddy materials or build. Choose a company that’s known for working with premium suppliers and only accepts the best building materials.
A reliable crew and a reputable company will give you peace of mind when it comes to taking your open or covered outdoor fireplace ideas and breathing life into the design. In the end, when the landscaping is complete, you’ll have the full package instead of buyer’s remorse.
Outdoor Fireplace Landscaping Ideas Create Ambiance at Your Phoenix Home
Your front yard is designed to provide curb appeal, but your backyard becomes your haven. It’s where you spend time with friends and family, kick back on your days off and ultimately, you want it to reflect your tastes. When it comes to implementing a design, the sky is your limit. For example, there are plenty of outdoor brick fireplace ideas that are ideal for an open fire, or you can opt for a closed gas fireplace unit that still gives off heat, but has more of a romantic notion.
1. Create a Patio or Deck Haven
If you’re working with a smaller plot of land that doesn’t allow for a grandiose design, you have to capitalize on the space you do have available. An outdoor gas fireplace idea that you can bring to fruition involves placing it on your patio or deck.
With an elegant stone, brick or marble structure surrounding it, you’ll be amazed at how a seemingly small change makes a huge impact.
Spruce your deck or patio up with a new set of furniture such as a chaise, hammock or even a full table and chairs set to create the backdrop for your next party or gathering.
2. Inside Pergola or Ramada
One of the most attractive features of the Phoenix, AZ climate is that while it’s hot during the day, it’s beautiful at night. Sitting outside and enjoying a glass of wine, relaxing — whether solo or with company — is only enhanced with the addition of a pergola or ramada.
Both of these features provide cover, so you can sit outside whether it’s clear or rainy. The fireplace inside is designed to bring ambiance and warmth to your relaxation area. You can also use it on cooler days for additional heat.
Some build the fireplace as part of the pergola or ramada such as a modern outdoor fireplace wall, but you can also build it independently if your yard already has a covered structure.
Get the Latest from the Straight Line Blog
3. Set Up an External Living Area
When you’re considering modern outdoor fireplace ideas, you can’t ignore the potential for setting up an external living area. Arizona’s steady climate means you’ll have the opportunity to sit outside frequently, whether you want to gaze at the stars or simply take a breath of fresh air.
If you decide to go with a modern outdoor fireplace wall, for instance, hang a flat-screen TV above the fireplace area to create a space where you can catch up on your favorite shows, watch a movie or even play video games or music.
A couch designed to stand up to the elements and a small coffee table or stand can help complete the look, tying it all together for an entertainment space you can easily brag about.
4. Add Greenery
Once you’ve got your fireplace set up, the best thing to do is surround it with greenery or complementary design elements. We can add flowers, shrubbery, lawn or grass, as well as other landscaping ideas such as rock beds and walkways to create an overall picture.
Our designs range from classic to modern, or a mixture of both, using materials and plants that thrive in the dry climate.
Our Outdoor Fireplace Landscaping Process
When you’re looking for a company in Phoenix to bring your ideas for an outdoor fireplace to life, we invite you to put us up to the challenge.
With a straightforward process that spells out every step, you’ll never wonder where you stand in regards to your project. We’re thorough and transparent, outlining every step as we go.
- Our Project Inquiry form is conveniently located on our website and is the first step you’ll take to tell us your ideas for an outdoor fireplace.
- Our design team will reach out to you for a short phone call, lasting only 5 to 10 minutes, to go over your plan.
- Our galleries have pictures of outdoor fireplaces and patios to give you the inspiration you need if you don’t already have a solid idea in mind.
- Once we’ve established your plan, we’ll send one of our team members to your home so they can take a look at your backyard and make sure the design is possible. This step takes about an hour and anyone who is part of the decision-making process should be present.
- We want to see your design images, send them to us and we’ll create a layout, either as a 3D rendering or in CAD.
- A 30-60 minute meeting takes place in our office, this is when we discuss the design, your budget and any changes that you want to see made.
- The final meeting takes place after changes are implemented and your design is finalized. It can take up to 60 minutes and includes your contract signing.
- The detailed plan is delivered, and we’ll craft a work schedule that works for both of us.
- Construction on your outdoor fireplace begins.
- Our team will go over all of the warranty information as well as care and maintenance instructions once the work is completed.
- Sit back, enjoy the perks of having your own personal outdoor fireplace.
If you’re looking to add a fireplace to your outdoor living space, and you reside in the north Phoenix area, our expert team at Straight Line Landscape is eager to assist. Our company has many satisfied customers in north Phoenix, and we’d love to add you to our list. Let us take your dream landscaping idea and make it our best yet.
You dream it. We design and construct it. You enjoy it.
Here at Straight Line Landscape we are experts in custom landscape design and construction. From the creative design and selection of materials to installation and construction, you’ll recognize quality and attention to detail from start to finish.